Thursday, June 5, 2014

Beach Buoys

Beach Buoys
8" x 8"
Oil with a palette knife on Blick Studio Artist Board
SOLD

Another painting done from a great photo that John Jay took while in Provincetown. I loved the abstract reflections in the window and the colorful pile of buoys. I might have to paint this one again larger!

I found out that this is of one of the Provincetown dune shacks called Tasha's Dune Shack. Here is a great photo of it taken by photographer Christopher Seufert.


Can you imagine spending several weeks at this place? I think it would be an incredible experience.

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh I do love these beachy buildings too. You've captured that weathered siding perfectly. Love the way you painted the glass windows too. Color of the buoys and the lobster trap are perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...