Monday, March 17, 2014

A fun night at the Doolittle Art Auction

Maproom Cafe at the Boston Public Library
20" by 20"
Oil with a palette knife on board

This was the painting that I donated to the art auction held this past Saturday night to benefit The Doolittle Home in Foxboro. The night was so much fun. The Doolittle staff had everything so organized and the auctioneers were great at keeping the crowd entertained and motivated to bid high.

They had a signature cocktail for the evening, which I helped to name, the "Bloolittle" martini-very potent but very tasty, and helped to loosen up the crowd.


Below is a an action shot of my painting during it's turn on the floor. I am happy to report that there were several generous bids and the painting went to a good home!

And here is a photo of Polo's painting being auctioned off. A very generous bidder went home with this beauty as well!
Since I've started painting again, I have participated in 3-4 art auctions and I always find them so interesting and so enjoyable. And it's great to see all of these generous art lovers come out to benefit a good cause.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...