Monday, February 3, 2014

Backyard BBQ

Backyard BBQ
18" by 24"
Oil on panel
SOLD

This painting was done from a family photo that is a favorite of my cousin Bobby. That's his dad (my uncle) cooking a giant Fred Flintstone steak on the charcoal grill with Bobby and his sister anxiously waiting for him to yell "Dinner's ready."

I took a few photos along the way as I was painting at The Artist's Studio and Gallery at Patriot Place this past weekend. In this first photo you can see how I started with my usual orange/red cad backwash, and then sketched on top with a brush (gasp!) using ultramarine blue acrylic paint.


And here is a second photo-the painting is almost complete. You can see my set up and the variety of sizes of palette knives I use. I had the photo printed out as well as displayed on the ipad.

As usual, photos like this make me wish for summer to get here quickly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...